Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Date Nite - First Act


We have it once a month. It's a way of staying close, staying in touch. Talking. Really talking, about nothing and everything. Date night. And I like it. Sometimes I get shitty or work is too much but when I get outside that I let myself go and relax. Just dinner tonight. But that's OK. We take our time and sometime even go out for a drink afterwards. But it's her turn so her choice. So I’m picked up after work. I always feel comfortable going out after work in my suits. My vanity gene kicks in. I love walking around in a custom made suit. It gives me confidence. Even more so with my lady. And she's good for my ego too. It had been some time finding her and even though I feel like I'm getting older she makes me feel young. Hell, she looks a lot younger than me too. Anyway, she picks me up after work. A busy day and I'm tired and half of me doesn't really want to go out but the other part is grateful I am. She looks good as usual. I love the way she dresses. Her full figure in those tight fitting dresses. None of it tacky of course. Or too revealing. Just so I can see the outline of her body and know that I get to see it later in the evening. We're walking into town. The benefits of working close to the CBD.

I’ve had a huge working week with a lot on my plate. I have finally got myself organized to go out for dinner. Actually, a friend has got me organized. I think she thinks I am hopeless. All work and no play apparently makes me dull. I feel anything but dull, but then compared to her, perhaps I appear that way. I’ve reluctantly agreed to a blind date, set up by her. I’m asking myself why I agreed to this already. Do I need this right now, after a massive week of meetings and proposals? I think no, but it’s too late to back out now. My friend assures me he is a great guy, but what I really think already is that he is a corporate twat with his head so far up his ass he can’t breathe. Not a great start to the evening is it? I haven’t even met the guy yet. I leave straight from work, after a quick spray of deodorant and perfume and a touch of lip gloss. It’s about as glamourous as I can muster, although my corporate suit transitions easily into a relaxed look, once my jacket comes off. I quickly remind myself of where I need to be: Botticelli.

We hold hands as we walk through the streets. Just comfortable in each other. Chatting about our day and randomly spotting things of interest to each other. It's fun feeling like we're dating again. Although I do have trouble trying to forget seeing her naked later. I still adore that body of hers. Maybe I will never grow tired of the thrill of being next to it. Sure, I look at other women and many I find attractive. Many I desire. But I know it's just in my mind. She knows I look and she knows I'm hers no matter what. We arrive at the restaurant. I've never been there before. Actually never heard of it. Botticelli. Must be Mediterranean. She's booked (of course) and there are a few people at the bar so we decide to have a drink first. She orders for me. It's nice sometimes not having to choose when you know someone so well. I don't have to think. Looking around the bar there are quite a few people already seated. Not many mains out but a few with starters. Most still drinking and looking at the menus. I see a woman in her suit and look at her. For some reason she catches my eye. I can't place it. I shrug it off and go back to my baby who's just finished ordering the drinks.

I arrive at the restaurant with time to spare and quickly neck two shots of tequila. If I’m going to make it through the evening I need a little propping up. I feel the warm buzz spread through me and immediately think this might not be so bad after all. I catch the eye of a guy nearby at the bar. He seems familiar although I can’t seem to pinpoint where I have actually seem him. Sharp dresser, beautifully tailored suit, and quite obviously with his girlfriend or maybe even his wife. She is ordering drinks, and just as I contemplate another, I feel a tap on the shoulder. My date has arrived.

3 comments:

  1. Next act please! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next act will be along shortly. Bear with us while we get our creative juices flowing dear Anon.

    ReplyDelete